Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Quilts, Baby Quilts

 
 So it seems I'm surrounded by baby quilts lately!  This one was a gift for my cousin who's having a baby girl probably sometime this week.  It was a collaborative effort between my sister, mom and myself.  My dad drew the pattern, which was a combination of a baby quilt we saw on etsy here and also a very cute lamp my cousin had registered for. 
 


It was a lot of work with all the applique piecing, but worth it because it turned out pretty stinking cute! I wish I had some more pictures that showed the quilting and fabrics a bit better, but I waited until the last minute and a lot of them didn't turn out.  So, lesson learned - take the time to get good pics!!! 
My favorite part is the flappy ear on the elephant......
and the ric rac on the giraffe......
And that it's FINISHED!!!!







1 comment: