Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another WIP

Since my half moon modern project is on hold until my fabric comes in the mail I was looking for a new project to start.  I really couldn't and shouldn't spend more money on fabric so I thought I'd see what I could do with what I have.  Which, by the way, isn't much since I haven't been doing this for years like some of you out there. 

On Sunday I was playing around with scraps and made this cute little pincushion
 Do you like my fuzzy pillow?  JC, the cat, sure seems to think it's the best.  It's a wonder you can't see all the cat hair!
I filled it with crushed walnut shells.  I Love, Love, Love pincushions!  And I've seen some cute stuff out there!

And then when I was done with that I tried to do some improv quilting.  That didn't last long - for some reason I was getting bored.  So yesterday on my way home from the quilt store (I didn't buy anything - just had to get my daily fix) I was thinking about some Michael Miller daschund fabric I had bought a while back and just never did anything with.  The whole way home I was trying to picture how I could use it in a quilt.  I didn't get real far, but this is what I have so far. 


Cutting out all those dogs is a pain!  And again, I didn't continue because I have some of Michael Miller's ta dot line coming soon in the mail.....I know, I know - addicted!  In fact my husband had to move a pile of fabric to sit on the couch last night and said, "we've got fabric coming out of the walls in here" (okay, I edited a bit, but you get the point). 
I don't think he understands completely.  He should be thankful - I don't have a FRACTION of what my mom has!
I just love fabric - the colors, designs, everything!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment